CRM Consulting for Higher Education
By starting our enterprise-wide CRM initiative with a Demand Engine consulting engagement, our focus from the outset has been strategic, envisioning how things will be different for our customers and what people, process and technology will enable that vision. This orientation has ensured that our technology choices are guided by our strategy, rather than vice-versa.
Vice President, Marketing Systems
Contact us for a no-obligation consultation.
Higher education CRM is fundamentally about managing enrollment marketing (recruitment and marketing communications) and student services in a way that improves the student experience and helps institutions achieve their goals. Yet many colleges and universities take the tactical view, choosing technology first. It’s no wonder that up to 70% CRM technology projects fail to deliver the anticipated results.
DemandEngine’s CRM Consulting Services help colleges and universities leverage their relationships and improve enrollment performance through the effective alignment of planning, people, processes, and technology. By articulating clear goals, and identifying underlying work processes and supporting organizational components first, colleges and universities can develop sound business cases to drive the selection, and implementation, of CRM technology, or reduce the risk of current CRM projects.
Service outcomes may include:
- Business case development for higher education CRM investments
- Assessment of current enrollment marketing and student service capabilities
- Defining institutional benefits for targeted audiences
- Developing and executing consistent enrollment approaches regardless of the student intake point (e.g, undergraduate, graduate, professional and continuing education)
- A CRM Blueprint, a written plan identifying success indicators, key initiatives, and a road map for execution
- Identification and management of CRM risk factors
- CRM technology evaluations/recommendations
Our consultations are highly collaborative engaging administrators, managers and key staff members in a series of working sessions. This approach helps break down internal barriers and identifies opportunities to modify or enhance current organizational practices. From assessing your readiness for CRM, to developing a strategy to align planning, people, process, and technology, DemandEngine can assist in mitgating the risks of a software investment while improving bottom-line results.